What is it?
- School within a school for intensive language development combined with life and employment skills development.
- Funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, this program is a partnership between Saskatoon Public Schools, Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools and also relies on the support of other settlement and community agencies in the city.
Who are the students?
- Refugees and Immigrants
- Federally funded program initiative through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Ages 17-21
- Those students still eligible to attend secondary school in Saskatchewan
- CFR A1.1-A2.1 or CLB 1-4 will be considered for the program
- A1.2 is the target level
- Unlikely to attain 24 credit units or the Adult 12 diploma
- The program seeks to serve those students with lower language skills who have arrived late to the Canadian education system that are unlikely to complete a traditional graduation path
When does it operate?
- The program will follow the standard school calendar
Where does it operate?
- Classroom located at E.D. Feehan High School
- Bus pass provided to those students that require transportation.
Program information, application, referral?
- Use the website: www.nyep.ca